We are VERY happy and proud to announce that Closer to Earth is the recipient of Green Education Foundation and Gardener's Supply Company's $5,000 Green Thumb Challenge grant! We cant thank them enough for this support! I am so proud of our youth and the hard work they do to merit this grant.
$5,000 is a lot of money for us and we will be investing it well. This grant is going towards:
1. Helping to cover the costs of our weekly transportation of materials for our large composting initiative
2. A business investment to jump start our youth's project to sell veggies, compost and worm castings at farmers markets and special events
3. Providing bus passes and assisting with van transportation costs, helping youth to and from work and between work sites
4. Revamping our greenhouse for winter crop production and season extension
5. Purchasing winter materials such as row cover, cover crop seed and alfalfa hay.
Thank you and thank you again to Green Education Foundation and Gardener's Supply, and to all other foundations and companies who support those creating change through gardening.
Visit Green Education Foundations site http://www.greeneducationfoundation.org/
and Gardener's Supply http://www.gardeners.com/